Beard grooming takes some time to not only get used too but also forming it into a daily routine. It takes on average around 66 days for a behavior to form into a habit, so consistency is key when it comes to forming a beard grooming routine.
A beard is not just some facial hairs to brag about, It is a lifestyle choice, as it is an extension of ones personality and character.
Beards grow naturally, there is no magic pill that will make you wake up with a beard like a greek god. Just as there is no magic pill that makes your body look like a Roman or Viking warrior.
There is however, methods and products that you can use, which can help stimulate some new beard growth and make it grow a little quicker.
Here are some effective and useful beard grooming tips that will help you speed the growth of your beard up a little bit and also help you care for your beard more.
1. In the first 8 weeks of growing your beard, you should not trim it as you want your beard to grow evenly first prior to any shaping and trimming. The same goes if you want to grow stubble.
2. Match your beard style with the shape of your head. This will give you a good look and will not distort your face shape.
3. Washing your beard with a beard wash is very important for removing dirt and grime without stripping your beard hair and the skin beneath your beard of its natural oils.
4. After washing your beard, is it important to moisturise your beard and the skin beneath to stop it from drying out. Use either a leave-in beard conditioner (which can be a beard balm) or a Beard oil. Always look for the best beard conditioner for your hair type.
5. Beard oil is actually designed for the skin beneath your beard, not just your facial hairs.
6. When investing in a beard trimmer, make sure it is a high quality trimmer. The cuts are cleaner on your facial hairs and quality trimmers last for years, unlike cheap ones.
7. To moisturise your beard and stimulate growth use an all-natural beard balm.
8. If you want a soft feel and slight shine to your beard, use an all-natural beard balm.
9. Beard balm will help to soften your beard, leading to a more manageable beard.
10. If you suffer from beard acne, Start exfoliating. It will help prevent ingrown hairs, get rid of the dead skin cells and excess sebum (skins natural oil).
11. Don't skip out on exfoliating. It is important for your beard growth and overall beard and skin health to remove dead skin cells. Exfoliate twice a month.
12. Eating proteins such as fish and eating a lot of fruit and vegetables will help stimulate faster beard growth.
13. Hot showers will dry out your beard, which will make your beard coarse and unruly. You can either lower your shower temperature or use a beard balm or beard oil, as soon as you get out the shower to replace the moisture.
14. Apply beard oil and beard balms on a slightly damp beard, it will help lock in the moisture for better hydration.
15. Trim a beard when you have shaped the style you want using products. This will make sure you don't trim too much off.
16. If you want an awesome beard, learn a great beard grooming routine, even if you have a short beard.
17. All natural beard balms contain healthy butters and oils that will encourage your beard to grow quicker.
18. Most bearded men make at least one of these four beard grooming mistakes, combing the beard with a dirty beard comb, use beard care products (oil, balm...) on a dirty beard, use head hair shampoos on their beard (BIG NO) and don't condition their beard.
19. If you use a beard brush or comb, be sure to wash it well after every use as you do not want it to build up with excess oils, dirt, grime and dead skin cells.
20. Never use plastic combs for your beard as they will cause damage to your facial hair. Instead use a handmade wooden beard comb or a boar's brush.
22. Be careful when trimming your beard, Many men trim too far up the neckline. You should aim for just above your Adam's Apple.
23. Learn how to use beard balm properly if you want to gain the maximum benefits from the product.
24. Only use high-quality beard products. Cheap products tend to be filled with fillers and even silicone in some cases, which end up causing more harm than good to your beard and the fragile skin beneath the beard.
25. Always read the label of a beard product. ALWAYS! They may say they are all-natural on the front but that doesn't mean they are.
26. Beardruff which is commonly known as beard dandruff, is usually caused by dry skin under your beard. To treat, use a quality beard oil and work it into the skin.
27. When growing a beard, resist trimming it, but do cut away any stray hairs that are longer than the rest using some quality scissors.
28. If you have a long beard, avoid heat straighteners. They tend to dry your beard out quickly.
29. Many bearded men do not know the benefits of using beard balm, it deeply conditions your beard, whilst offering slight hold for styling purposes.
30. If you do use a beard straightener, make sure it is a high quality straightener. Many cheap straighteners on Amazon are made without quality in China.
31. If you are suffering from a dry beard, you should first find the cause then treat.
32. Looking at the benefits of using beard oil is recommended to fully understand the product before purchasing it.
33. If you are asking yourself "why does my beard itch", it is most likely the result of no hydration which has caused your skin and facial hair to dry out. The help relieve the itch, use beard oil or beard balm.